Our living rooms are the hub of our homes. It’s the room we spend most of our time in either entertaining, watching our favourite shows or just curling up with a good read.
That’s why it’s important to create a comfortable and stylish room with the right kind of lighting, technology, space and design for both you and your guests!
Need inspiration? Here are four tips to help you design the ultimate lounge room!
Light is key when designing or renovating any room in your home. Light can create the perfect ambience and completely change the feel to a space; light can also brighten your mood. No matter how much room you have to work with, make sure that you’re allowing as much natural light into the room as possible.
If you want to take your lounge room to the next level, install our StarEFX Starlight Ceilings into your lounge room ceiling. Relax under the stars indoors! It is a truly unique experience and one that is sure to fascinate your guests!
There’s no doubt that in 2017, the ultimate living room must have the latest technology! Just a few pieces can make your living room more exciting and fun for everyone!
Here are a few trendy, techy items you can add into your living room today:
- Google Home: A cute little device you can place anywhere that acts like Siri for your home. Ask for the weather, the news, a recipe or play your favourite music.
- Apple TV: What’s a lounge room without your favourite TV shows and movies? With Netflix streaming to your television, your lounge room can feel like your own personal cinema.
- USB ports (and lots of them!): Being able to charge your phone, portable chargers or camera anywhere in your home is super convenient. Trust us – your whole family and guests will love it too!
Whether you’ve got room to play with or you’re trying to make the most out of a smaller space, the ultimate living room is about creating the illusion of space.
Follow these handy tips to utilise the space in your home:
- Paint your walls a light colour – whites, creams and beiges will reflect light and make the room feel open.
- Stick to smaller couches and rugs to avoid swallowing the space.
- Create a gallery wall! Arrange smaller frames along your longest wall to establish a feeling of width.
- Be smart with storage – buy pieces of furniture that can double up for storage to reduce clutter.
- Go big or go home! Indulge in large furniture and large accessories like lamps and rugs. Using large furniture will just emphasise how grand your space is.
- Go crazy with wall decor, whether you prefer photography, paintings and prints, or hand-made works of art, adding wall decorations will accentuate space and make your house feel like a home.
Finish off your ultimate living space with some touches of your own style. Whether you decide to go for Scandinavian or Mediterranean, or with contemporary, classic or industrial trends, adding unique homewares can personalise your space and make it feel like your own. Family photos, candles or a bright throw rug can all transform a room from typical to terrific.
Now, that’s a lounge room!
Now that you know how to create an awesome lounge room, you can now relax and watch a great movie on your comfy sofa with in star home theatre twinkling above for a great cinematic experience in your own home!
How would you create your ultimate living room? Leave us a comment below to let us know how unique you are!